Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ramen and Caviar

Brent and I are going to be very broke now. We've been pretty broke, but now we'll be realllly broke. School does that. I won't be working and I'll be shelling lots of extra dough for the whole joy of school. The good thing is, Brent and I appreciate the simple things in life. We appreciate listening to our favorite songs and torturing each other with cheesy tunes while drinking cheap wine. You can get an economy size bottle of something decent for $6!!! AND, Kraft macaroni and cheese goes so well with cheap, red wine. There's always Ramen, too. Mmmm, salty noodles. They're warm, filling, and pretty tasty. For entertainment, we've got the walking. Walking's free and helps us burn off the macaroni, Ramen, and wine. Everybody wins!

Plus, look at the stuff that's out there for rich people - caviar! Sick! Have you ever eaten caviar? It's nasty, at best. It's the kind of thing you ate on a dare as a kid to gross out your older sister. And sure, you can buy some pricey champagne - but, at the end of the night, the bottle's still empty and you've got dry mouth and a headache from the stuff. Plus, rich people get harrassed for hand-outs by charities, friends, and relatives constantly. My mom actually calls me to make sure I have enough money for food and that I'm eating. Thanks mom! Man, life's pretty sweet when your bank account's sour. I'll take the noodles and a walk with my husband and doggy. I'm happy to leave the low-tide snacks to all those rich suckers out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment